HOW TO PICK A REMODELER
Choosing an LP BuildSmart Preferred Remodeler is an easy way to know you’re going to get the job done right the first time. Whoever you choose, make sure to discuss the following points to avoid any misunderstanding during your exterior renovation.
- Licensed, Bonded, and Insured – Ask your remodeler if their license requirements are up to date.
- Price – Get several bids for the same exact project specifications. The lowest price is not always the best.
- Reputation – Research your remodeler’s history with friends, online consumer referral sites and your local Better Business Bureau (BBB).
- Itemized Proposal – Ask for a detailed proposal outlining the entire cost of materials and labor to complete your project.
- Get a Contract – Make sure your remodeler provides a thorough contract outlining the scope of work, timelines, charges, cancellation policies and warranties.
- Work Ethic – Determine if your remodeler uses employees or subcontractors and note his expectations of their workmanship.
- Communication – Ask if there will be a supervisor or manager on the site and if you will have a consistent point of contact if any issues arise.
- Craftsmanship – Take note if a remodeler recognizes the unique details of your home and how they may affect your individual project.
- Local Experience – Ask if your remodeler has completed jobs similar to yours and ask for customer references.
- Business Location – Make sure your remodeler has a legitimate address near your community. Avoid out-of-state contractors that may be hard to reach if you have a problem.
Get your project started by contacting an LP BuildSmart Preferred Remodeler or qualified contractor in your area.
LP® SmartSide® products and LP® Canexel® products are sold by various retailers, dealers and distributors and are typically installed by contractors. These retailers, dealers, distributors and contractors are independent businesses and are not related to the product manufacturers, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation (LP) and Louisiana-Pacific Canada, Ltd(LPC). Each of LP and LPC offer a written warranty that set out their entire liability for any damage related to their products. Those warranties from LP and LPC are separate and apart from other or additional warranties or guarantees offered by any distributor, dealer, retailer or contractor.
Referrals to contractors or product sellers identified on this Site are made by LP and LP Canada solely for the convenience of our customers and are not intended to create any agency or other relationship between LP, LP Canada and the contractors or product sellers.